Thursday, August 13, 2009

Noche ( NE Atlanta, GA) - Tapas Bar

Noche
Tapas Bar
(404) 815-9155
Virgina Highlands
1000 Virgina Ave
NE Atlanta, GA 30306-3669
http://www.heretoserverestaurants.com/


Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley 9-13-2009:

Noche was an interesting place to eat. I had never heard of the Tapas concept so when The Foodie suggested it to me, I was thinking, "Hmmm, do I want to eat here?"For those of you who don't know,Tapas is the name of a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine. They may be cold (such as mixed olives and cheese) or warm (such as puntillitas, which are battered, fried baby squid) We had to wait a while to be seated because it was $10 Tapas Monday. That place was crowded like a welfare line so that was not too much fun either.


















When we finally got our named called, they were throwing food at us like beads at Mardi Gras.














The small portions of food came out every 10 minutes or so. It was actually a lot better than I thought because I got to taste a lot of different things. After they brought all the portions out the first time, we got to choose which ones we wanted extra off. Here are the Tapas that were served:

Mushroom Risoto
Empanadas
Casear Salad
Three Breads With Different Spreads (Salmon, etc...)
Chicken and Rice
Spanish Fried Potatoes With Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce
Grilled BBQ Salmon with Jicama Slaw

I really enjoyed the concept and the food was pretty good and it was a great price. I liked the Mushroom Risoto and the Empanadas the best. If you are ever in Atlanta, go and visit Noche in the cool Virginia Highlands neighborhood and I guarantee you will have a great time. Trust me.....I write a food blog read by.......ah.......I don't know who actually reads it but it is still cool to say I write a food blog. lol!!!!! Anyhow, my grade for Noche is below:

B - Good Fun and Great Concept

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment