Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rise Sushi Lounge (Atlanta,GA) - Sushi Bar,Asian Fusion,Tapas Bar

Rise Sushi Lounge
Sushi Bar, Asian Fusion,Tapas Bar
Neighborhood: Downtown
300 Marietta St
Atlanta, GA 30313
(404) 477-0947
www.risesushilounge.com

ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

Rise is a fairly new restaurant in Atlanta, and one of many that seem to have opened on Marietta Street over the last two years. I've passed it several times (since it's near work) but had never been interested in stopping to check it out. Not that it's not a decent-looking restaurant from the outside; it's just not that interesting looking, and comes across like many of the new sushi-serving restaurants that are popping up all over the city.

But Atlanta Restaurant Week always gives you a reason to stop into new places. If you're unfamiliar with the week, it's when several local restaurants offer three-courses-for-$25 menus. After checking out the special menus at the participating restaurants, "Average Man" chose Rise.

Once we entered, we noticed the lack of people in the nice, clean-looking interior that came across a little too cold for my taste. However, the staff was all very friendly and warm. After finding out they were out of plum wine (darn!) our waitress advised me to try a certain dessert wine because it tasted like Sprite. Curious as to how any wine could taste like Sprite yet cost that much, I took her recommendation. It, of course, did not taste like Sprite but was brilliant nonetheless. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the wine, but I'm sure this same waitress will be there to advise you.

I started off with some shrimp dumplings that were tasty and satisfying followed by the chef's recommended sushi platter. I definitely have no complaints about the food - I enjoyed both dishes - but neither was salivating-worthy enough for me to crave returning to Rise.

However, after seeing the variety and creativity of the restaurant's small plates, my arm could probably easily be twisted to return and test out a few.

Always hungry,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment