Monday, October 18, 2010

Kurt's and Vreny's Restaurant and Biergarten (Duluth,GA) - German, Pubs

Kurt's and Vreny's Restaurant and Biergarten
Categories: German, Pubs
4225 River Green Pkwy
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 623-4128
http://www.kurtsrestaurant.com/


Have you ever had a potato pancake with cream cheese and apple sauce? What about Spätzle? What about Schnitzel? Those are the type of traditional German Dishes you can find at Kurt's and Vreny's. Honestly, I have had German Cuisine twice now and it does not knock me off my feet.



However, at least now, I can do a decent comparison of certain dishes. For example, I enjoyed the Kaese Spätzle much more at Kurt's and Vreny's. That was an appetizer The Foodie ordered. Spätzle is an egg noodle of soft texture. Kaese Spätzle is just those egg noodles blended with cream and emmenthaler cheese. Emmentaler cheese is a yellow, medium hard cheese that is from Switzerland. It has holes in it similar to Swiss Cheese and is sometimes called the Swiss Cheese of North America. Here is a picture of Kaese Spätzle:


Ok, ok, it's macaroni and cheese with a fancy name but it was good.  Also, I had a Sausage Bratwurst Appetizer and a the 5-6oz Fried Twin Maine Lobster Tails for my entree. I enjoyed my appetizer and my entree was different but very good. They actually fried the lobster tails. Anyhow, I have always wondered what Bratwurst tasted like and now I finally know.Well, I don't know because I can't explain what it tastes like but................ yeah, I don't really have anything else to say about it. Anyhow, the meal was decent and we ended up only paying about 50 bucks including the tip because we took advantage of another Open Table Spotlight deal. Those deals are starting to be nice. Still, I hate to present the coupon at restaurants for some reason. Maybe I don't want to look like the serial coupon guy.


Weird or Not? It is kind of weird but whatever....... Lastly, the wait staff was pretty awesome. I don't usually say awesome but I could not think of another nerdy word. They were extremely nice and our waiter actually got into a German conversation with "The Foodie". That was kind of cool except for the fact that I did not understand a damn thing they were saying. I would go back to Kurt's and Vreny's if I am craving macaroni and cheese and Italian sausage. lol!!!!

(B) - Decent Food With a  Very Nice Staff

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment