Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Maestro's City Club Steakhouse (Scottsdale, Arizona) - Steak

Maestro's City Club Steakhouse
Category: Steakhouses
6991 E Camelback Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 941-4700
http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/

I don't know if I have said this before but if so, I have to reiterate this again: There is NOTHING one steakhouse can do from a food standpoint that thoroughly separates them from another steakhouse. Firstly, I would say the majority of your so-called "best steakhouses" all have the same premium cuts of steak which are the Porterhouse, T-Bone, Filet Mignon and Ribeye. You can get most of these steaks with the bone-in or boneless. In my opinion, the bone-in does not change the taste of the steak.



Secondly, it does not take a genius to cook a steak to the correct temperature so in most steakhouses, they can cook your steak perfectly whether it's cooked rare, medium rare, medium, medium well done, well done or in some cases, you may get it overcooked. Thirdly, although the primary means of aging beef in the United States these days is wet aging, I am assuming that most premium steakhouses can get you dry-aged beef where the moisture is evaporated from the muscle which causes a great concentration of flavor and the beef’s natural enzymes break down the connective tissue in the muscle which leads to more tender beef.  So with all that said, the only other things that a steakhouse can offer you is decor/ambiance, price and customer service. Let's assume that all major steakhouses like Ruth's Chris, Maestro's and all other high priced steakhouses have close to the same decor/ambiance, prices and customer service give or take maybe a few bad visits or your occasional aggravating waiter or waitress. After you take all my assumptions into consideration, you end up with the same medium cooked filet with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach and a $15 dollar glass of Riesling. Am I right? Of course I am right. I guess my question is why do people go to Steakhouses so regularly and even more, why do people go to overpriced steakhouses so regularly? My simple answer is that people are creatures of habit and a common food that is safe, familiar and hard to mess up is a lot more practical than trying Ostrich for $40 bucks especially when it looks like this:


Before it looks like this:



Why does that look so much like a steak you have had before? Anyhow, Maestro's had the valet parking, the fabulous quiet "I feel like I am rich decor", the high priced steaks, the idiot chef who could not get it wrong, great customer service and equal food to any other high priced steakhouse I have been to. Also, they took half off of our bill because they cooked a few steaks the wrong way so it was only $300 bucks instead of $600.  I guess the chef was an idiot or were we the idiots for going? Who knows? I'm hungry. I'm headed to Ruth's Chris for lunch. lol!!!! Later!!

(B-) Overpriced and Did Not Cook Some of Our Steaks Right


Happy Eating,
Dario " The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment