Monday, August 16, 2010

Goin' Coastal (Atlanta, GA) - Seafood

Goin' Coastal
Category: Seafood
Virginia Highlands
1021 Virginia Ave
Atlanta, Georgia 30306
404-941-9117
http://www.goincoastalseafood.com/

Have you ever encountered someone who on a certain day, they were craving some sort of food and they just had to have it? Well, that person was me, that day was yesterday and my drug of choice was seafood. For me, cravings usually happen when I see a commercial or I am at a restaurant and I see someone else getting ready to eat what I thought about ordering. It is one of the instances where you take a second, sneak a peek, enjoy the peek and then afterward you know you really shouldn't have did that.


Anyway, my craving or my peek as I call it stemmed from a sort of bad experience. I had some horrible peel and eat shrimp when I was in Ohio and my mind just could not accept the fact that the Shrimp were that bad. Consequently, my craving began and the hunt was on. On yesterday, we were in search of a good seafood place. We looked and looked via our smart phones until we stumbled to the point of falling into Goin' Coastal.


Apparently, Goin' Coastal has only been open for a month in the Highlands Neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia. Still, if you were there yesterday and you used the crowd as any indication, you would have thought it was open for much longer than that because it was pretty crowded.  We found out after a few minutes that there was this really cool special going on for a family dinner for $17.00. It included, two entrees, four sides, a salad and a desert. We ordered that and we also added some seared scallops to our meal as an appetizer.  The Foodie had the Rainbow Trout and I had the Peel and Eat Shrimp as an entree.

The food delivered and satified my craving. In addition to that, whatever kind of aggravation we would have experienced with the wait or the crowd disappeared totally because of our waitress was very personable and funny. On top of that, the price was a real steal. We ended up eating a boat load of stuff for about 70 bucks. We had a least 6 drinks to go with the $17.00 Family Dinner. The food to price ratio was so good (Did I just make that up?) that I spent all morning trying to calculate what we had and why it was so cheap. I felt like an accountant during tax time.




I would definitely recommend this place folks. Everything was great and I had a good time.

A- Good Food, Nice Staff, Great Price

Happy Eating,

Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment