Thursday, August 12, 2010

Marlow's Tavern (Kennesaw, GA) - American

Marlow's Tavern
Category: American (Traditional)
745 Chastain Rd NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(770) 425-8777
http://www.marlowstavern.com/

Dario "The Average Man" Writes:

What is a food critic? What human being has the perfect credentials to justify to every other single person in the world that they are absolutely sure what a flawless meal entails? Am I missing something? Is there a secret society with an ID card somewhere that says Prime Minister of Food instead of Prime Minister of Great Britain??


I don't think so!!! Wait, I hope not because if so, that would be nerdy. Anyhow, the point is I could easily believe with all my heart that one restaurant completely sucks and Gordon Brown pictured above could believe the opposite. I will always argue with The Foodie that judging food is like trying to determine who is the better actor out of Robert DeNiro & Al Pacino.


It is almost a question without an answer. We, as food critics, just solemnly swear to give you some insight into our world, our taste buds and our overall view or what we expect out of a good restaurant and good food. I, for one, like to use my experience as the determining factor. I point to the fact that I have been to enough restaurants to have a good idea about what I prefer when I eat Steak, Duck, Beef Carpacio, Calamari, Chicken, Pork Chop, Ahi Tuna, Escargot and many other foods. With that said, you have to trust me when I say that Marlow's Tavern had really, really, really, really good food!!!  It was an unexpected surprise. It was one of those instances where I did not expect it and it hit me like a whirlwind similar to when Life said he would take my spot or my high school basketball team or when Allen Iverson did a crossover on Micheal Jordan.




Did the fact that it was unexpected make the food actually better than what it really was? Who Knows? I am just a food critic. I don't know shit!!!! lol!!! Anyhow, we had the FireCracker Shrimp, Ahi Tuna(a special) and The Grilled Chicken Stack. Everything was above the curve and I walked away with that "JJ Evans Dynamite Look":


A - Needless To Say, I give Marlow's Tavern an A Grade For the Food Quality

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment