Friday, September 3, 2010

Craft Atlanta (Atlanta,Georgia) - American (New)

Craft Atlanta
Category: American (New)
3376 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Neighborhood: Buckhead
(404) 995-7500
http://www.craftrestaurant.com/


"Buckhead Restaurants are overpriced and the food is overrated." That is the constant theme I hear from The Foodie whenever we attempt to go to a Buckhead Restaurant to dine out. Well, you have to know that I do not believe anything unless I see, hear or taste it for myself so recently, I have become more curious in trying Buckhead Restaurants. On this fine day that we visited Craft Atlanta, we had an Open Table Spotlight deal for $25 dollars off of our meal. That was a pretty decent deal. Now listen carefully to me in my next statement: Although the restaurant was expensive, the food did not disappoint at all!!!!!! I always tell people that as long as the food is good, I have no problem paying the dollar, dollar bill yall.

 

My reason is because I consider myself a food guy and not a " price to food ratio guy, if ratio is too high, I don't like the restaurant". Wow, I wish I know the meaning of what I just said. Who cares? Anyhow, as I was saying, if the food is good, my mind does not let my heart deny it. Period!!!! In addition to the good food, the layout, scenery and the ambiance of this place was absolutely sensational. It was an upscale place with a great wait staff and the place really gave me a royal feeling. For dinner, The Foodie and I had the following menu items:

Muscovy Duck Breast & Confit Leg 37
Berkshire Pork Rib Chop  34.*

We also had about 2 drinks each.......... OH SHIT (sorry for cussing), I almost forgot that along with my food obsession, I also consider myself a random specialty drink connoisseur. The Americano Specialty Cocktail on the Craft Atlanta menu is THE WORST SPECIALTY DRINK I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Craft, if you are listening, please take that SHIT (not sorry for cussing) off of the menu!!!!

Okay, let me get back to my regularly scheduled program. The food was actually WELL ABOVE AVERAGE. The food delivered for me and what I especially liked was the Berkshire Pork Rib Chop. It was very tender and not dry like a normal pork chop dish usually is.That was undoubtedly the best dish of that kind I have ever had. The Foodie agrees with me there. My Duck Breast was also good but that was not the best I have ever had. I am a HARSH DUCK BREAST CRITIC FOLKS!!!!!

Lastly, you are probably wondering what we ended up paying for this lovely meal. With my $25 dollar Open Table Spotlight deal, the total for this meal came to $92.00. So that is a total of $117. Was it worth it? I will answer that in my most straight, direct, absolute unwavering tone of voice: Yes and No. 

(B-) FOOD WAS GREAT but the Americano Cocktail SUCKED!!!!


Happy Eating,
Dario " The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment