Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eleven at Loews Atlanta (Atlanta, Georgia) - Contemporary American, Mediterranean

Eleven at Loews Atlanta
Category: Contemporary American, Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Midtown
1065 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30309
(404) 745-5745
http://loewshotels.com/


I am always kind of leery of restaurants that are a part of a hotel because for some reason, my mind leads me to believe that the restaurant is not trying to function in and of itself but just trying to play second fiddle to an extravagant hotel.  The Foodie, The Foodie's Mother and I had reservations at 8:00 at this restaurant. Of course I was early and The Foodie and here mom was late because they had trouble finding the place. Even though I did not drink before they arrived,  I was fairly impressed with the lobby bar. Here is a picture below:


The Foodie and her mom arrived a little after 8. It happened to be  Midtown Restaurant Week in Atlanta................. Okay, I knew it was and that is one of the reasons we picked this place. Okay, we are cheap but I have to get some discounts every now and then considering that I  have been to 145 different restaurants or bars since June 2009. Give me a break!!!!  Anyhow, they had a pre-fixed $25.00 dollar menu. The Foodie and I got the exact same thing which was the Georgia Banks Pan Seared Scallops with Smoked Gouda Cream Corn as a first course, Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Sweet Potato Mash as my second course and The Warm Chocolate Gateau with hazelnut ice cream and griottine confit as my third course.  I must admit that I have had better Duck Breast. It wasn't bad but it just did not want to make me want to slap somoene.



 Anyhow, even though The Duck Breast was not Great, The Scallops with Gouda Cream Corn was amazing!!!!!!!! The corn and scallops blended well together and the corn was definitely a unique taste. It is hard for me to explain what it tasted like so just go and taste it for yourself. I loved it and so did the Foodie and if The Foodie loved it, it had to be good. With the Scallops saving the entire meal, I would give the food a (B-). The atmsosphere was very quiet, not too crowded, dark, romantic and personal just like I like it so I give Eleven an A for the ambiance. All in all, here is my grade:

B - Great Quiet Atmosphere and Great Pan Seared Scallops and Creamed Corn as a First Course

Happy Eating,

Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment