Friday, September 3, 2010

Livingston Restaurant & Bar (Atlanta, Georgia) - American (Traditional)

Livingston Restaurant & Bar
Category: American (Traditional) 
659 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Neighborhood: Midtown
(404) 897-5000
http://www.livingstonatlanta.com/

I think I might have talked about this in one of my previous reviews but I can't remember so I will mention it again. Last month The Foodie and I were on our " Hotel Restaurant Tour." Yes, I did talk about this. I remember now. I mentioned that I am a little leery of hotel restaurants because in my mind, they are only an addition to a hotel as oppose to vice versa. Well, Livingston's is a hotel restaurant. The first thing that pops in my mind about Livingston's is where we sat. It was about 7:00 pm and it was a beautiful day so The Foodie and I decided to sit outside. When I first met The Foodie, I used to wonder why she wanted to sit outside. Livingston's is the reason why. Sitting at Livingston's ,which is almost directly across the street from the Fox Theater, truly gave me a feeling of a fabulous dinner. If I am not mistaken, it was Dragon Con. Dragon Con is a North America multigenre convention, held annually in Atlanta, Georgia. The 40,000-plus-member convention encompasses five hotels in downtown Atlanta near Centennial Olympic Park, and is hosted by a 1500-member volunteer staff. Dragon Con was launched in 1987, as a project of a local science fiction and gaming group, the Dragon Alliance of Gamers and Role-Players (DAGR), founded by Ed Kramer. Basically, if you need some clarification on what Dragon Con is, it is a comic book nerd festival. Maybe that is why I felt extra cool at Livingston's. I guess anyone can feel cool when you are looking at a 45 year old man walking down Peachtree Street in a Predator outift.

Anyhow, aside from the "Cool" view, there was nothing extremely exciting about Livingston's Restaurant. I was in one of my "What is that, let me try it modes" so I decided to get the following:

Braised Rabbit 22.

orecchiette / kale / olives / crispy garlic

It was okay. It was kind of like beef stew but instead of beef, it was rabbit. It sounded a lot better when the waiter was explaining it. He sure did a good job of hyping that up but it was cool. I had fun people watching  and the food was decent.

(B) Okay View and Sit Outside Please

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment