Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baraonda Caffe Italiano (Atlanta, GA) - Italian Including Wood-Brick Oven Pizzeria

Baraonda Caffe Italiano
Italian including Wood Brick Oven Pizza Cuisine
(404) 879-9926
Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
http://www.baraondaatlanta.com/home.htm


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" D'AMARIO:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. If you want a great pizza that tastes like one in NE Italy, please go here! After moving to the U.S. several years ago, I tried my hardest to find a restaurant that served the same pizza I ate growing up...you know, the type you have to eat with a knife and fork so all the toppings don't drip off? Baraonda's is the only place I've found it. I'm a creature of habit at this restaurant. I always get the pizza Funghi (mushroom) because I see no need in messing with perfection. I don't recommend the beef carpaccio here because there's not much beef. The pistachio ice cream is fantastic though, it's just like in Italy.

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-22-2009:

Hey everybody. I want to be very clear on this. I have never been to Italy or can claim that I have had authentic Italian pizza. However, I have had really good gourmet pizza that pleasured me a lot more than Baraonda's. I had that "Pleasurable" Pizza in Maine and in New Orleans. Is "Pleasurable" a word? Who cares? Let's moving on........What did I gain or expect from this outing? I don't believe I gained to much of anything because I expected something unique and at the very least equal to the best gourmet pizza that I have ever had. It just did not do it for me. The crust was a little too hard for me and it just did not give me that distinct gourmet "I want to slap my momma feeling" that I was expecting. Again, "THE FOODIE" built this place up like it was Cadillac Escalade. For me, it was more like a Honda Pilot. It was great and reliable but there wasn't anything extremely special about it. I am sorry but Baraonda's was not what I was looking for when I heard Authentic, Italian Gourmet pizza. Again, I am just "THE AVERAGE MAN" and I have never been to Italy. However, everyone knows my model of "Good Food is Good Food" and Baraonda's was average from my vantage point. Sorry Charlie. Maybe you can check it out for yourself and see but I am not super excited to go back.

C- Average Like A Honda Pilot

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment