Friday, June 19, 2009

Imperial Dynasty- (Orlando,FL) -Chinese



Imperial Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
Chinese Cuisine
(407) 786-2266
Longwood
2045 W State Road 434
Longwood, FL 32779
http://www.imperialdynasty.com/


DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" 6-30-2009:

Asian restaurants are always very interesting to me because it seems like the ones I go to are buffet style and a lot of the owners speak broken English and it sometimes came across as poor service because of the language barrier. Imperial Dynasty made me realize that it was not the language barrier that made the service poor at the other Chinese Restaurants. It was just the fact that the people there were just rude as hell. Some people are just plain rude and that is that. It feels like they are upset that we are customers and we want service. Have you ever been to a place like this:


























However, this was NOT one of those places. "The Foodie" and I were in the mood for sushi after the whole "AHI TUNA JOURNEY" (see Waitiki review). Consequently, we asked the waitress, who doubled as the owner, to suggest something that contains all of the different sushi items. She was very nice and she obliged. Also, we asked her to suggest some Sake and she proceeded to bring us three different types of Sake to taste. They all had a very unique flavor. I can't remember exactly what she brought us but I promise I will go back to Imperial Dynasty and get the exact names for you guys. Anyhow, I checked the menu and now realize that they made a special plate of sushi for us too. I can't say that any of the Sushi blew me away but it was extremely fun for me to try it because this was my first time trying anything other than the rolls. I had all the straight raw stuff over rice. I did not have many of the rolls. The waitress seemed to be just as excited as I was about trying the Sake and Sushi and I enjoyed the participation and the enthusiasm that she displayed. It seemed genuine and not fake at all like a used car salesman:



Anyhow, I don't think I am in the position to give you an accurate assessment of Sushi since this was my first time so I will leave that to "The Foodie" so please check her review. However, the service was really good and the food was well-priced. If I forced to grade the quality of the food, I would say it was decent. It was not great but it did the job. My grade for Imperial Dynasty is:


B- Great Service With Okay Sushi (This was my first real sushi experience though)




Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

Let me just start by clearing up a few things from Average Man's post.  What we ate wasn't made special for us - I chose a platter so we could sample a bunch of different things.  We ordered the Sushi and Sashimi sample platter, and it was decent but did not taste fresh.  However, the service was fantastic.  We went there on a Sunday, and must've had about five different servers stop by the table.  All were warm, friendly and made you feel happy to be at their restaurant.  Plus, I learned a lot about sake from one of the ladies.

Is the sushi great?  No.  Is the set-up nice?  Not really. But it's an affordable place to have some sake, some okay sushi and be around some extremely nice people.  

Always hungry,

Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment