Friday, June 19, 2009

Vita ( Atlanta,GA) - New York Style Italian/American & Steakhouse

Vita Restaurant
New York Style Italian/American Cuisine
(404) 367-8482
Midtown
2110 Peachtree Road
Suite B
Atlanta, Ga. 30309
http://www.vitaatl.com/

DARIO " THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-22-2009:

After reading a few other reviews and hearing a few people rave about Vita’s, I am not sure if they went to the same restaurant that I went to. The food was tasteless and it was extremely overpriced. There is one thing “THE AVERAGE MAN” does not mind doing and that is paying extra for great food but this place did not deliver for me. Sorry Charlie. “The Foodie” can vouch for me. I hate to go to a great restaurant with an interesting menu and say,” I can’t order this because it is too expensive.” In fact, I think people who do that are clinically insane. Please don’t waste anyone’s time scanning the menu for the cheapest thing and just call ahead of time to check out the prices. There are many affordable places with great food. Anyway, when I saw the menu at Vita’s, I actually got excited and it put me in a veal mood. I used to work for an Italian Family and the oldest son made a great veal dish one day that I will never forget. Anyway, I got this:

Veal Marsala
veal scallopine, sautéed with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and Marsala wine

It was horrible. It had a weird taste that failed to knock me off of my feet. It barely knocked me off of my pinkie toe. It was tasteless and overpriced. It is impossible for this restaurant to be this bad. We were the literally the only couple in there on Valentine’s Day. The staff had to be tired or something because this placed failed miserably. The part of town that it was in did not seem like the greatest either. However, after reading more reviews on this place and looking at the menu again, I am willing to give it another try but I would die before I get the veal again because it was hideous. The sad thing about this is usually when someone has a bad experience they tell 10 times more people than when they have a good experience. This is just my opinion though. My grade for Vita’s restaurant is:

D – Sorry Charlie. Please skip this stop and drop me off at the corner. Thanks but no thanks. However, maybe they had a bad day.

Happy Eating,
Dario 'THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

The fact that this restaurant was near empty on Easter should've been a major sign to me and "Average Man." My lunch wasn't terrible, but I expected a lot more for the price. I had the Rigatoni Ala Vodka, and it was pretty bland and unimpressive. I'm always weary about restaurants in the Buckhead area because many tend to be overpriced, with "cold," pretentious-looking interiors and food that's not that great.
This is one of those restaurants.

However, if you go to the restaurant's Web site, you'll notice Vita places a more-than-normal focus on its service, and this is Vita's upside. Our server was pretty overboard with his graciousness and attentiveness, which made me giggle uncontrollably initially - not to mention he had a very flamboyant personality. Whatever his name was, he definitly made our Vita experience! He was fantastic and the positive part of Easter brunch. I think "Average Man" and I will always remember our Vita waiter and will forget our Vita food.

Always hungry,

Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment