Friday, June 19, 2009

One Midtown Kitchen (Atlanta,GA) - High Energy American

One Midtown Kitchen
High Energy American with Gourmet Flair Cuisine
(404) 892-4111
Midtown
559 Dutch Valley Road
Atlanta, GA 30324
http://www.onemidtownkitchen.com/index-home.htm

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-25-2009:

RO .............MAN...................TIC !!!!!!!!!!!! That is the first word I think about when describing ONE (That is what "THE FOODIE" calls it). Did the way I wrote "RO...MAN...TIC" give you any more of a dramatic effect? If it did, that's good because that is what I was going for. lol!!! From the outside, this place almost looked like a upscale club. However, on the inside, I would say this place was perfect for a romantic date with your significant other. There is a curtain separating the hostess from the dining area which was cool for me. Even though the tables were a little too close together for me, the dark spacious atmosphere put me into a trance where I wanted to not only eat but drink and hangout for a long time. This place can end a night or start a night if you are going to a club afterward or if you are just taking your lady home and planning to "Do What You Do". One Midtown kitchen is part of a group of individual restaurants offered by CONCENTRICS RESTAURANTS. They have about 15 restaurants listed on their website that are located in Orlando, Chicago and Atlanta. I have been to four of their restaurants and only one of them did not fulfill my expectations. Just in case you are interested, here is there website:

http://www.concentricshospitality.com/

You should check them out. Anyhow, let's get to what everybody wants to know. Here is what I had:

Appetizers:

CALAMARI
Deep Fried, Smoke Spices, Sweet and Sour

MUSSELS
Out of the Shell, Heirloom Tomato, Verjus Butter, Sorrel

Entree:

SALMON
Leeks, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Ruby Grapefruit, Chipotle Butter

Again, I did not have a desert. All the food was decent. The mussels did not have some exotic unique flavor that I expected. That was my first time having mussels. Anyhow, I would not say that the food was outstanding but the environment and prices made this experience an enjoyable one. Oh, wait, the CALAMARI was really good though. Anyhow, my grade is:

B- GREAT ROMANTIC ENVIRONMENT with good prices. Thumbs up!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario " THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment