Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shaun's Restaurant (NE Atlanta, GA) - American, Bistro

Shaun's Restaurant
American, Bistro Cuisine
(404) 577-4358
1029 Edgewood Avenue
NE Atlanta, GA 30307
http://www.shaunsrestaurant.com/

DARIO " THE AVERAGE MAN" SAYS 6-22-2009:

I went to Shaun's on a Sunday with "The Foodie", a friend of mine from college and a friend of his from Atlanta. Atlanta has transformed me into a part of the "Sacred Atlanta Bunch Subculture" so I think I have a pretty good idea of what I consider a good brunch. Firstly, I liked the atmosphere there. It was a cozy small area that made it unique to me. Also, the waiter was very cordial and very attentive. We had a few Mimosa's and 'The Foodie" and I had this for brunch:

white shrimp and grits * crispy bacon, poached egg

To be honest, I have had better Shrimp and Grits in Atlanta but it did come in a huge clear bowl that kind of gave it a unique presentation. Overall, Shaun's was okay. My buddy who I affectionately refer to as "Party" had this:

minute steak and eggs * two eggs fry up, pommes frites

Again, this was not fantastic. I can't remember what his friend had but it does not matter because I am sure that it was not fantastic. Shaun's social atmosphere was really good though. It looked like a place that you can eat for "status" as oppose to delivering a real great product. However, I am interested to go back to Shaun's and try some other things on the menu because I got to believe that there are better things to eat on the menu than what "Party" or I had. I would have to rate this as such:

(B-) - Good Atmosphere but I have definitely been to better parties.

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment