Friday, June 19, 2009

Maggiano's Little Italy (Atlanta,GA) - Italian

Maggiano's Little Italy
Italian Cuisine
(404) 816-9650
Buckhead
3368 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA, 30326-1009
http://www.maggianos.com/

DARIO" THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 7-1-2009:



Let's make one thing very clear: I am sure that I will visit this place again. "The Foodie" and I went to Maggiano's but we kind of ran into a stumbling block while we were there. The waiter came out and announced, "We have two huge servings of any pasta for $12.95". Now, you can't deny that this is a marvelous deal but as I was ordering my food in slow motion like Neo from the Matrix, my mind visualized some old guy with no teeth in the kitchen scooping orders onto the plate for everyone taking advantage of the special. You have to believe that everyone was ordering the special. Wait, I am not suppose to order the special. I am a "Foodie In Training". I am a blog writer. Hell, I am cool!!! Well, maybe my imagination was running a little wild with the whole old guy thing:



























Even with that ugly visual in my head, who could pass up a deal like that? I mean even if I am not in a recession, the rest of the world is currently in a recession so spending frivolously is not always the correct path to take. Right? Wrong? Anybody? Anything? When am I going to realize that I am talking to myself? lol!!!! Nonetheless, the pasta that we ordered was not all bad. They were not lick my fingers good but they were not bad either. I will declare that this place was "pretty damn good" but I am confident enough to say, "pretty good minus the damn". Here is what we had:

Rigatoni "D"
Rigatoni pasta, herb roasted boneless chicken, mushrooms and onions, tossed in a light Marsala cream sauce

Baked Ziti & Sausage
Italian Sausage, Pomodoro Sauce and Ziti Topped with a Layer of Melted Provolone & Parmesan Cheeses

Chicken Pesto Linguine
Linguine pasta tossed with roasted chicken, pesto, and pine nuts in a parmesan broth with a hint of lemon.

I actually felt kind of lame for ordering the special but it happened so I have one strike on my belt. Hopefully, you can forgive me and we can move on from this debacle. Like I said though, the food was actually good and the service was good too. I am just upset at myself for not scanning the menu thoroughly and easily going for the first cheap thing that was announced. However, I can't blame Maggiano's for that. Actually, I should probably give them some credit because I actually ended up eating the leftover pasta for a few days. "The Foodie" would have no part of that because that may have jeopardized her "Foodie" status. That just left more pasta for me. My grade for Maggiano's is:

B- Good Food and GREAT PRICE!!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment