Friday, June 19, 2009

Food 101(Atlanta,GA) - American Classics

Food 101
American Cuisine
(404) 497-9700
Virginia Highlands
4969 Roswell Rd # 200
Atlanta, GA 30342-268
http://www.101concepts.com/

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-26-2009:

This was one of the first places I went to for Brunch in Atlanta. If I am not mistaken, this is probably the very first. After my first experience with Brunch in Atlanta, I simply just wanted more. I wanted Brunch all the time and as much as possible. The genius who had attempted to market a breakfast/lunch had finally gotten through to me. What did I do next? I called my friend Ray "Dump Truck" Jones and told him how I was finally becoming part of a the new "ATLANTA BRUNCH SUBCULTURE". I was very excited since I was not a official member of any other new found trend that defined the masses. If you are not familiar with "subcultures, let's go over a few. Firstly, there is the "Starbuck's Subculture". They have turned drinking a cup of coffee into a multi-million dollar franchise. Unbelievable!!!! It has become cool to go to Starbuck's and spend $4.00 on a cup of coffee when you can buy instant 100% coffee that makes 80 cups for $4.00.



WOW, THIS IS COOL!!!!!!




Also, their is the "MAC Computer Subculture." Again, you are not really cool until you buy a computer for double the price but it really isn't better but it has a cool commercial. I can tell you that this is not the only computer with no adware, spyware or viruses. Man, that commercial with the MAC vs. PC was a brilliant idea.





BRILLIANT IDEA !!!!!












Lastly, this is something that "The Foodie" won't like at all but it is also cool to drink PBR. It is considered trendy to some and it is considered the ultra hippy beer to others but whoever is in charge of public relations for Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer is a genius. You can go to any bar in the United States now and you will see it on someone's table.







GO TO ANY BAR AND YOU WILL FIND A GLASS!!!!








See, the beauty of new trends is that everyone will eventually get consumed by one of of them. Finally, I have been consumed by a subculture and I am fully immersed in it emotionally and financially. I am an official member of the "ATLANTA BRUNCH SUBCULTURE" and it all started with FOOD 101 folks. It is now cool for me to eat an extra unnecessary meal during the day while still being hungry before dinner. Seriously, I must honestly, truly say that everything about Food 101 impressed me. 'The Foodie" and I ordered this:

MAMA'S BELGIAN WAFFLE
Local Blueberries, Whipped Cream & Vermont Maple Syrup

WILD GEORGIA SHRIMP & GRITS
Andouille Sausage, Caramelized Onions & Tomato Gravy

The waffles were really good but the highlight of the evening was my first introduction to Shrimp & Grits. Although this may sound like an awkward pairing, I can assure you that this is a perfect pairing. This blew my mind and made me a victim of the "Subculture Blues". I had never thought you could do so much with Grits, which is according to wikipedia, is a Native American corn-based food common in the Southern United States, consisting of coarsely ground corn. I have eaten grits many times before but never like this. It was excellent folks. Excellent, ausgezeichnet, eccellente, excelente, doskonałe, отличен, 優れた !!!!!!!!! They say you always remember and love your first. That is very true!!!!!! My grade for Food 101 is:

A+ - Great FOOD with the Introduction to Shrimp & Grits

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment