Thursday, June 18, 2009

Murphy's Restaurant (Atlanta, GA) - New American

Murphy's Restaurant
New American Cuisine
(404) 872-0904
Virginia Highlands
997 Virginia Avenue
NE Atlanta, GA 30306
http://www.murphysvh.com/

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-22-2009:

We went to Murphy's on a Saturday for Brunch as a prequel before going to see Terminator Salvation which was a horrible movie by the way. It was corny and the ending was really bad. It is so bad that I have to tell you that it earned 119,513,000 dollars in 5 weeks and The Hangover earned 152,919,000 dollars in 4 weeks. The Hangover was really funny by the way. Anyhow, I am sure the Terminator People are very upset and have not earned there money back on there ridiculous budget. I really thought it would be a good movie. I guess I was wrong. Anyhow, for the second time (Did you notice that I say anyhow excessively?), Murphy's was actually pretty good. It is located in Virginia Highlands and we ate on the patio. It was very nice and we had the patio to ourselves before two young ladies whose sexual orientation is a mystery came on the patio. Did I just say that? I meant to think that to myelf. Oops. Moving right along......... I had this to eat:

EGGS SANTA FE scrambled eggs,cheddar cheese, peppers, cilantro in a flour tortilla, ranchero sauce, sour cream

I can't remember what "The Foodie" had but I am sure she will tell you as soon as she gets around to writing about Murphy's. Anyhow for the third time (Wow), the food was actually pretty good and it was only 10 bucks. The total bill was 50 bucks including the tip. We had about 2 Mimosa's a piece so it was a very good price. Is it cool to drink at 12:00 during the daytime while rushing to get to the movies across town? Hmmmmm.... maybe not. Anyway, (Ha. I said way instead of how.), I would suggest Murphy's because it was a nice atmosphere with good food and good prices. My grade is:

B- Good Food, Good Prices. Do it!!! Do it!!!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario " THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley


VISIT #2: October 21, 2010 FOR DINNER

For some strange reason, I have started to transform into the person who thinks the bigger the menu, the better the food. Consequently, when I look at small menus, I automatically hear a voice in my head that assumes the food is not as good.


Anyhow, I did this to Murphy's last night because the menu was not huge. It was noticeably small with very few choices and did not have a lot of things on there that I have become used to seeing in Atlanta like Duck, Scallops or Lamb Chops. Anyhow, when I got over the fact that the menu was small, I decided to give Murphy's a fair chance. The Foodie and I ordered Half Chicken with potato dumplings, roasted mushrooms with grits and poached egg,  The Daily Soup and a Pork Shank dish which was new entree. Honestly, everything was pretty good. The Chicken and Pork Shank was tender and flavorful. My Roasted Mushroom appetizer was great also. Murphy's was extremely crowded though. I am not sure if it was because the Scoutmob.com promotion but there were a ton of people jammed into that place between the hours of  7 and 10 pm.


Anyhow, we enjoyed our second visit to Murphy's and will probably go again sometimes.

(B) Good Food but a little crowded


 

No comments:

Post a Comment