Thursday, June 18, 2009

Le Coq Au Vin (Orlando,FL) - French

Le Coq au Vin
French Cuisine
(407) 851-6980
4800 S. Orange Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32806
http://www.lecoqauvinrestaurant.com/


DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6/21/2009:

Le Coq Au Vin? Hmmmmm........Where do I start? Well, before I actually ate at the restaurant, there was this time when I wanted to go and it was a little too early. The restaurant was not open for brunch or anything. Consequently, I did not go to the restaurant that day. However, I looked at the menu posted outside and it looked very interesting. If I fast forward to my visit, I remember being very excited about eating at Le Coq Au Vin. It is located in a house of some sort. However, I like that because it made me feel special and it gave the restaurant a unique look and an unusual setup. Anyhow, here is what "THE FOODIE" and I had:

Cassoulet
Specialty from Southwest France-white beans slowly braised with lamb,duck,pork, garlic sausage topped with a crust of duck cracklings, herbs, breadcrumbs

Wreck Fish
Roasted wreck fish with manchego cheese, Serrano ham crust on a bed of Yukon potatoes, butternut chayotte squash, lemon caperbuerre blanc, watermelon, red onion salsa

To be honest, I did not think the food was all that great. My Wreck Fish was okay at best and I did not like her Cassoulet one bit. There were a few things that I noticed. There was this table of about six sitting across from us. The two guys were talking about the economy and Republicans and Democrats and that type of stuff. I was not listening by the way. They were just talking loudly. No, sorry, I was listening. Lol!!! Secondly, there was this kid that was about 9 years old. This little guy was well behaved but just seemed like he did not want to be there at all. I felt sorry for the kid. The kid had a sport coat on displaying a look of going to a piano recital or something. I can only imagine how much torture he was going through. Thirdly, the chef came to our table and asked us,” How was the food?” I wanted to say, “It as average" but of course I did not say anything and "THE FOODIE" said, "It was good!!". I am not sure how she felt about it but I am sure she will write about and let you know. Anyhow, that is pretty much all I have on this restaurant. I am not saying the food was horrible but it did not give me that jolt up my leg that I was looking for. My rating is below:

C - Average Food, Decent Prices, Nice Chef

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

Le Coq Au Vin was a treat. The restaurant tucked away in the middle of nowhere in an unassuming house was very intimate (which I prefer over the large, concert-hall sized dining rooms with high-back booth seats) and was bubbling with energy and happy conversation. Our appetizer was a special that night, a seared tuna dish that was amazingly flavorful. I did like my cassoulet, but it wasn't to die for. It was comfort food, very hearty and filling, and soothing in a way I find many homemade foods.

As for the kid Dario talks about above, I think it's great when parents take their kids out to eat. I think it's good for them to learn to engage in polite conversation with adults, show patience and also to know good table manners. For great tips for your kids on restaurant etiquette, visit: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Lifestyle/proper_table_manners.htm

I enjoyed it alot, but didn't get a jolt up my leg either. I'll give it a B. I'm definitely curious to try more things on the menu.

Always hungry,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment