Thursday, June 18, 2009

BrickTops (Atlanta,GA) - American Bistro

BrickTops
American Bistro Cuisine
(404) 841-2212
Buckhead
3280 Peachtree Road NE
Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30305
http://www.westendrestaurants.com/


DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-22-2009:

I have actually been to two different BrickTops. The first one was in Nashville, Tennessee and the other was in Atlanta, Georgia. I must say that everything was splendid on both visits. I went to Atlanta and I was really in the mood for Ahi Tuna because I had a great appetizer at the Waitiki Lounge in Orlando. Consequently, I wanted to see if Ahi Tuna was just a great dish or was it just great because Waitiki prepared it really well? It turns out that Waitiki does prepare the best Ahi Tuna but BrickTops version was very good also. Actually, the staff was kind enough to prepare me an Ahi Tuna Steak that did not appear on the menu. They usually serve it in a salad or in a Burger Style but they prepared it special for me. Thanks. Anyhow, it was really good. The second time I went to BrickTops was with a guy I used to work with at Tony's Deli & Diner in New Orleans. His name is Kurt "Udo Udo" Watson and he is a good friend of mine. Please don't ask me where the "Udo Udo" came from because I am sure that we could not explain it. Just for reference, he is a great cook and the people of Memphis should be on the look out for his restaurant soon. Actually, he made some blackened chicken when I was there and it was better than the biscuits and gravy on that Martin Lawrence episode. If you did not watch Martin, you would not understand. Anyway, we worked there for a number of years together and we had a grease, banana pudding incident that is legendary. It is a long story and I won't get into great detail. Let's just say that grease and banana pudding is not the easiest thing to get off of your work pants. Also, pay attention when you are handling those two items especially if you took your time preparing the banana pudding as if you were serving it to the royal court of England. Man, I wanted to taste some of it. lol!! Anyhow, I had the following for lunch at BrickTops:

ANGUS NEW YORK STRIP
served with herb butter, baked potato or vegetable

I had the baked potato. The steak was very good, tender and I had it prepared in between Medium Well and Well Done. Is there a name for that? Anyhow, that is what I told the waiter and it turned out great. Let's just call that Medium Done. The only issue with BrickTops for me is that the menu is not very unique or special but if you want a good steak or American food, it is pretty good. Anyhow, we had a great time and my little cousin Reina graduated from Meharry Medical School that weekend so I got to eat good food and see Kurt and Reina. Also, I had a few drinks. Are you surprised? My grade for BrickTops is:

B- Pretty Good

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment