Friday, June 19, 2009

Vinings Inn (SE Atlanta, GA) - Southern Authentic Charm

Vinings Inn
Southern Cuisine w/Authentic Charm
(770) 438-2282
Vinings Area
3011 Paces Mill Rd
SE Atlanta, GA 30339-3745
http://www.viningsinn.com/


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

The Vinings Inn has long been a favorite Atlanta restaurant of mine because everything I've ever had there has been delicious, the service is always great and I love the small, intimate dining rooms and patio. Also, upstairs on weekends, guests can enjoy live music. It's the restaurant in Atlanta that I feel deserves more recognition and can't figure out why it doesn't.

When "Average Man" and I went, we both got the exact same thing, the Peach BBQ Jumbo Shrimp and it was to die for! The time before that, I had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast with mac & cheese gratin and braised greens, a Southern favorite that Vinings Inn does to perfection. Their Crab Cakes (don't think they're on the menu anymore) were the best I've ever had. My parents even love this place, with my mom saying to me last time we went how Vinings Inn topped her list out of the numerous places I've taken her in Atlanta. She had the Pan Blackened Catfish and raved about it.

Vinings Inn is definitely a gem in the Atlanta area and a must-go-to for any foodie. I want to go to there!

Always hungry,

Angela







DARIO"THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 7-9-2009:



I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?


























"Well, do ya, punk?" This is the famous quote from the 1971 crime thriller film, Dirty Harry. This is Clint Eastwood at his best. This movie came out in 1971. That is eight years before I was even born. Isn't that amazing? You can probably ask a 10 year kid and they will undoubtedly know this quote. Well, I would have to say that the dish I had at Vinings Inn is similar to this. Wait, maybe that is not even enough to give this dish it's true just due. The Peach Shrimp & Grits at Vinings Inn not only changed the course of history for me but it revolutionized Shrimp & Grits. Okay, I have came up with something even better. It was like when Tiger Woods came along in 1996 and change the course of Golf History and then won the 2008 US Open on a torn ACL and firmly revolutionized the sport. All you could do is become entrenched in his excitement and admire and marvel at his greatness. Yeah, Peach Shrimp & Grits is more like Tiger Woods.













PEACH SHRIMP & GRITS IS LIKE TIGER WOODS







I never was a huge golf fan and probably never will be a hardcore gulf fan but I still tend to peek at what this guy does on ESPN every chance I get. I can guarantee that The Peach Shrimps & Grits will have that same kind of affect on you. You don't have to be a fan to appreciate it's greatness. In my Food 101 review, I stated that you always remember and love your first. Well, that is true but very few people marry their first. Just like most people, I did not marry my first. I am married to Vinings Inn's Shrimp & Grits. I guess I better let you know exactly what I had. Here is it as it reads on the menu:




Peach BBQ Jumbo Shrimp

pablano-cheddar cheese grits, red pepper coulis

five roasted peppers and caramalized onions



It really was an amazing dish. As far as I am concerned, Vinings Inn is awesome and flawless at this point. This is a perfect example of not judging a book by it's cover. From the outside, it really looks like a converted house. Don't misunderstand me because I actually enjoy the coziness and personalized feeling of a place of this magnitude but for some, it may not give you a great impression from the outside. Here is a picture:







Please ignore that misleading inner gut and the maybe awkward outer appearance when you see this place and trust "THE AVERAGE MAN" and "THE FOODIE" because we really do know what we are talking about. Right? Always remember that "Good Food is Good Food". My grade for Vinings Inn is:

A- Personal Unique Environment with Magnificent Peach Shrimp & Grits

Happy Eating,

Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment