Friday, June 19, 2009

Waitiki Retro Tiki Lounge (Orlando, FL) - Island-Inspired Delicacies of Waitiki

Waitiki
Island-Inspired Delicacies of Waitiki
(407) 481-1199
Downtown
26 Wall St.
Orlando, FL 32801
http://www.wallstplaza.net/

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" SAYS:

"THE AHI TUNA JOURNEY"

Ahi !!! Ahi!!!! Ahi!!!! All I will say is please ask for the Ahi Tuna. This is a marvelous appetizer people. You have to understand that I am not a "CRAZED" sushi lover like other people and up until this point, I had never had any kind of raw fish. Why would I? I am from New Orleans. I was still trying to catch up with the many ways that "The Big Easy" prepares seafood. Anyhow, also, it has a very nice atmosphere. It is decorated like a small island and it has cozy booths that you and sit at. Additionally, at about 9 or so, there is a bar upstairs. It is called the Monkey Bar. It is a really nice setting. It has couches and has a view of Wall Street on the patio. I love it!!! It is very good for all ages if you want to just chill and hangout. Sometimes the music gets too loud but other than that, it is cool. Anyway, the tuna has some kind of peppery seasoning that sets it apart from any kind of Seared Tuna that I have had. I enjoyed this so much that I have tried tto get this dish at 3 different restaurants and none of them prepared it like this. I even brought my friend truck (not his real name) there and he thoroughly enjoyed. I will tell you another time how he got the name truck. Anyhow, if you are downtown hanging out, I would go there, have a few drinks and get tha AHI TUNA. The actual dish name is:

PACIFIC TERRIFIC
sushi-grade tuna seared, sliced and placed next to wasabi and soy ginger sauce

My rating for Waitiki Retro Tiki Lounge is below:

A - THE GRADE IS FOR THE AHI, AHI!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment