Friday, June 19, 2009

Chez Vincent (Orlando,FL) - French

Chez Vincent
Traditional French Cuisine
(407) 599-2929
Winter Park
533 W. New England Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
mail@chezvincent.com

DARIO " THE AVERAGE MAN"MOBLEY 6-23-2009:


Chez Vincent's really gave me the feeling of something special. It had a very different feel from Le Cog Au Vin. The waiter was French, the menu was in french and it just gave me a great unique French feeling as oppose to Le Coq Au Vin just being a French Restaurant being offered by Americans. Firstly, we had the snails for an appetizer people. Yes, I ate snails!!!!!! Snails!!!!!! I ATE SNAILS!!!!!! It actually did not have much of a taste. It was just kind of slimy on the outside. It was not a shock either way. The name of this appetizer was:

Feuillette d'escargots
Sauteed snails in a puff pastry with a Port wine sauce

Have you ever seen the movie Talladega Nights? Well, if you did, I am sure you remember the part where Sasha Baren Cohen broke Will Ferrell's arm. Anyhow, he broke his arm because he did not want to say the word "Crepe". Baren Cohen was suppose to be French and he was talking about an authentic french "Small Pancake" like Will Ferrell so elegantly explained it. Well, that is what "The Foodie" and I had at this restaurant. This is how it read on the menu:

Crepe bourguignone
Sauteed beef tenderloin tips and mushrooms in a burgundy sauce $12.00


Crepe du pecheur
Medley of fresh fish and seafood in a creamy white wine and mushroom sauce $15.00

My Beef Crepe was really good and The Foodie's Seafood Crepe was good also because you know I had to taste it. I wonder if the staff in all of these restaurants wonder if we are weird because we seem "really" excited to taste the other's food. Well, they have to understand that we just like food and we are not trying to be able to eat two different dishes in one outing. Well, maybe we are trying to do that. lol!! Anyhow, like I said, this restaurant had a really nice authentic unique feeling for me and the prices were reasonable and the food was good. I would say that this was a "Toot Toot" experience. That is me tooting my horn for having been there. I will give this restaurant a grade of a A for elegance, authenticity, good food and reasonable prices.

A- Good Food, Good French Feel and Good Crepes

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:

Let me first say how much I love the part of town where Chez Vincent is located.  It's a great area to walk around with fun small storefronts and seems to be a cool local area to get away from the hoards of tourists.

When we first walked into Chez Vincent, its white table cloths and penguin-dressed wait staff didn't match up with my chipped plate and homey food presentation.  But I liked that about the restaurant's personality; they obviously cared a lot about certain things but not so much about others.

Firstly, the snails were...snails.  Drowned in garlic like every escargot I've had, they were tasty, but tasted like...well, garlic.

As for the seafood crepe I had as an entree, it was very tasty and I have had cravings for it since.  In fact, it was my first savory crepe ever, and I tried to find as good a savory crepe in Paris recently - but had no luck.

Our waiter, who had an off-putting snooty air about him and seemed to mock our lack of knowledge about French cuisine, was - on the flip side - extremely attentive and humorous with personality for days.

I would absolutely go again, it's a one-of-a-kind place with personality to spare and great food.  As they say in France, fantastique!

Always hungry,

Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment