Thursday, June 18, 2009

Roy's Restaurant (Orlando,FL) - Hawaiin

Roy's Restaurant
Hawaiin Fusion Cuisine
(407) 352-4844
7760 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
http://www.roysrestaurant.com/


DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-18-2009:

Firstly, I tried to find a font to write this entry that would make my title look cool but I settled on the normal font that is far from cool but it works. Let me get started and tell you that my first memory from the restaurant was how long I was raving about how GREAT the food was while I was walking to my car. I decided against valet parking because there were a lot of good spots that were not valet. However, I am not sure if it is my bad memory or the alcohol I had that night but I can't seem to remember what I had to eat. Oh wait; I had some kind of lobster appetizer. Actually, I am going to look at the menu and tell you exactly what I had. The name of the appetizer was:

Crunchy Golden Lobster Potstickers Spicy Togarashi Miso Butter Sauce.

The way I wrote it is pretty close to how it shows on the menu. This appetizer was really great and I would recommend it for any and all people. It is not overly spicy but it has a very unique taste. Oh, I almost forgot. The waiter we had was excellent. He provided us with excellent service and he was well-informed about the menu. Not only that, he was really gay. Before you fall out of your seat, I don't mean he was gay like man purse or sweet voice gay but I mean he was happy and did his job really well with a great attitude which I liked. lol!! Anyway, for my entree, I had:

Teppanyaki Seared Blackened Tiger Shrimp Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta, Lemon Caper Herb Butter.

The Foodie Had:

Roy's Classic Roasted Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi Lobster Cognac Butter Sauce

Again, the way I wrote that is similar to the way it is on the menu. Well, just to let you know, I keep writing my food like that because it makes me look suave and debonair like a black, younger, shorter Sean Connery. Well, now that I think about, maybe not. lol!!! Anyhow, for me, the menu came across as very exotic. Sometimes that can be a good thing and we all know that it can be a bad thing too. Have you ever been to one of those places where the menu was so well organized and interesting but when you actually taste the food, it's horrible? Yeah, well, this is definitely not one of those places. The entree was excellent!!!! The Mahi Mahi and the Tiger Shrimp were full of flavor and literally melted in your mouth. I could not ask for a better feeling after initial taste. (IT) I will refer to that is IT from now on. Anyhow, I am just the "Average Man" and I have never been to Hawaii. Also, I am no trained cook either. Wow, I just realized that I am not a lot of things. What training do I have to actually review this restaurant? Hmmmmm....none but hell, good food is good food, and you can trust me when I say," THIS FOOD WAS OFF THE CHAINS!!!!" I mean "OFF THE CHAINS" in a very good way that makes you think about it a week later while you are watching 30 Rock and say," Wow, that food was pretty damn good." We finished off the night with a couple "Spiked" Plantation Ice Teas that came straight off of there drink menu and that put us in a really great mood if you know what I mean. The drinks were not overly strong but a lot of them will definitely shake you up. We spent about $120 bucks with the tip but it was well worth it folks. Also, if you don't drink like we did and skip the appetizer, you will definitely end up around 75-90 bucks for two at a great restaurant with great food and service. Anyhow, this is my first entry so I will officially come up with some exotic rating system for the average food fan who is thinking about visiting Roy's Restaurant. My first official rating is below:

A++ - ROY'S RESTAURANT WAS "OFF THE CHARTS" !!!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-22-2009:

I took my sister and her boyfriend to Roy’s over the weekend. Again, it was outstanding. It was great service and even better food. We had the following:

Appetizers:

Crunchy Golden Lobster Potstickers
Spicy Togarashi Miso Butter Sauce

Tempura Dusted Crispy Calamri
Charred Tomato & Shoya Remoulade


Entrees:

Mochi Seared U-10 Scallops Katsu Green Tomatoes, Maui Onion and Vinagerette

Teppanyaki Seared Blackened Tiger Shrimp
Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta, Lemon Caper Herb Butter


This is the second time I have been here in 2 weeks and there are no complaints at all!!!!! This restaurant is GREAT!!!! THE BOMB!!!!!!! For those of you who do not know what that means, please do not worry. It means that everything was GREAT!!!!!! It cost about 110 bucks for three and I had two drinks. I heard my sister's boyfriend talking to his brother the next morning about how great it was. My rating is below:


A++++++++++ - The sequel was just as good as the original !!!! Please go to Roy's Restaurant!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley


No comments:

Post a Comment