Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Urban Licks( Atlanta, GA) - Fiery American

Two Urban Licks
American Cuisine
(404) 522-4622
820 Ralph McGill BLVD
Atlanta, GA 30306
http://www.twourbanlicks.com/index-home.htm

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" SAYS:

It took me a really long time to get the name of this restaurant. I kept calling it 'Two Urban Flats" for some strange reason. Anyhow, I have to say that this is the best restaurant that I have been to in Atlanta without a doubt. As of now, this is my Al Pacino of Atlanta Restaurants. Al Pacino is possibly the best actor of my generation and Two Urban Lick's is the best restaurant I have been into Atlanta so far.




For Now, I will call Two Urban Lick's, "The Godfather of Atlanta Restaurants".















Without going and looking at that menu at all, I can remember that I had some kind of Duck dish and my D'Mari (THE FOODIE) had the best scallops known to man. People, trust me on this one. I am not a scallops fan at all but the ones at "Two" (the trendy cool foodie name) were amazing!!!!! Give me a second and let me get the exact name of our entrees........................... Okay, while the website is loading on my super slow computer, I will say also that the personality(trendy hip name for atmosphere) was really cool. It was very dimly lit and very romantic and intimate. We sat in a booth. Oh, also, they had a huge shelf of some sort of wine stored in beer kegs. That was cool and different. If you are a wine-aholic, this is the place for you. Okay, I found the menu. Wow, I don't see what I had on the menu but I see what she had. Actually, just ask them about some sort of duck dish. I would assume that they will know what you mean. Maybe the duck was the special of the day. Who knows? Anyhow, I she had this:

bronzed scallops
gouda grits, smoked tomato broth, pico de gallo

The scallops were "ON POINT" and my duck was awesome too. I was nervous about the duck because I was unsure if it would taste unique or not but they pulled it off and it was superb!! We also had a few drinks and it was great. I can't remember exactly how much we paid because I think my D'Mari picked this one up. We decided to take turns on paying since we eat out so much. Anyhow, I want to say it was about $120 bucks with the tip which is good. Two Urban Licks is definitely a keeper and I am looking to take some of my friends there to show off my new found restaurant. Anyhow, my rating is below:

A - "Pretending Like I Suggested it Because The Food Was So Good"

Happy Eating,
Dario "The Average Man" Mobley


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:  

All I can say is "wow," and how happy I am that I gave this restaurant a second try.  The first time I went and asked my waiter which appetizer people love at Two, he told me the salmon chips.  And, unless you love red onions with salmon, I'd say to skip that one.

However, the second time when I went with "Average Man," we started off with the ridiculously delicious empanadas...I had never realized an empanada could taste that good!  And as "Average Man" already shared above, the scallops were out of this world.  Matter of fact, we still reminisce about those scallops often.

I think the key lesson of this story is that sometimes you can go to a really great restaurant and order the wrong thing for your tastes.  Sometimes a place deserves a second try because you may have ended up missing out on one of the best meals you've had.

Average Man kept his meal going by having the cupcakes for dessert.  Me being stuffed and happy passed, but they looked delicious!  The whole world of gourmet cupcakes is something I'm behind 100 percent! :)

Out of the other Concentrics restaurants I've been to - One Midtown Kitchen, Murphy's and Parish - Two Urban Licks is definitely my favorite and in a class of its own.  

Always hungry,

Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment