Friday, June 19, 2009

Strait's Restaurant - (NE Atlanta, GA) - Singapore (Indonesian,Chinese, Indian & Nonya)

Strait's Restaurant Atlanta
Singapore (Indonesian,Chinese, Indian & Nonya) Cuisine
(404) 877-1283
793 Juniper St
NE Atlanta, GA 30308-1326
http://www.straitsrestaurants.com/

DARIO "THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-23-2009:

Ah Ha, the Ludacris Restaurant. Well, I have to start with the fact that they did not have free valet parking as compared to a lot of other restaurants that I have been to in Atlanta. Also, one other thing that bothered me was that at the end of the night, the valet service was gone and we had to find our own keys and our cars across the street. However, the restaurant layout was pretty good and it was a good romantic setting that did have very good service. I had this for an entree:

Origami Seabass
Baked en Papilotte, Ginger, Longan, Shiitake Mushrooms, Rice Wine

I also remember that "The Foodie" had this for an appetizer:

Singapore Satay Sticks
Grilled Skewers of Chicken or "Painted Hills" Tri-Tip, Spicy Peanut Sauce

I visited this restaurant with my friend "Party" from Houston and it was okay. The Seabass was presented in a little box like a birthday present which was cool but it did not blow me away and it was a small portion. It did have a very good flavor to it but it was not Halle Berry great. Wow, by the way, she looked very good kissing Jaime Foxx.

The Foodie: What was that?
Average Man : Ah, nothing, I said hurry up so I can help you with this Boxx.
The Foodie: Hmmmm...Okay
Average Man: That was close
The Foodie: What was that?
Average Man: I said let's make a toast.

Okay, let's get back to my review. In my esteemed opinion, Strait's Atlanta seemed to be a little over priced considering the quality of the food but I am interested in going back and trying some other things on the menu. The food was not awesome but it was good and it came in a great little birthday present sort of thing. Also, the waiter put us in a table where we could watch the Denver/LA basketball game which LA won by the way so my grade for Strait's is:

(B-) - Good But Not Great

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment