Friday, June 19, 2009

The Oceanaire (Atlanta,GA) - Seafood Room

The Oceanaire
Seafood Cuisine
(404) 475-2277
1100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
http://www.theoceanaire.com/


DARIO" THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 7-23-2009:

For me, it is always extremely difficult when anything presents itself as more than what it is. How does that happen? Well, with restaurants, one of the biggest indicators of an internal expression of their inner greatness is the prices. Secondly, they usually try to are provide something extra to the atmosphere in an effort to produce a feeling of personal attention and a sort of elite idea to their customers. An example would be a guy playing a piano with soothing classical music in the restaurant. That makes most people feel like the restaurant is of high class.


















A GUY PLAYING A PIANO SOMEWHERE GIVES YOU THAT HIGH CLASS FEELING

Their is usually one major problem when you have all of these qualities in a restaurant before you take one bite of anything The problem is that the restaurant builds an anticipation of complete fabolous-ness (I just made up that word) in your mind and you tend to expect the best. I would say that Oceanaire did this to me. The waiter was magnificent in his service and his manners. The personality of the place was definitely exuding elegance and a feeling of "Wow, this is a fancy place". Even with all that, I still am hesitant to say that the movie was better than the preceding previews. I searched the menu and it seems that the food we had is not on the menu so I asked "The Foodie" because she seems to remember everything. Here is what she said:


"What you had isn’t on there. I think you had salmon, but remember you ordered from a special three-course-for-a-set-price menu? I had the fish stuffed with crab meat, shrimp and brie. Oh, and I know you had Crème Brule for dessert."

At this current moment in time, their is nothing that I can remember that made me say, "Wow, this restaurant is OFF THE CHAINS". I got to tell you that my food was JUST okay. Like I said, I was a victim of restaurant seduction by outside forces. The forces promptly took me in and left me disappointed like the SheiKra roller coaster at the Tampa Bay Busch Gardens.
From the outside, the ride looked amazing. The length of the line and the anticipation of the riders was second to none. However, it was very short ride in length and just did not reach my "maybe exaggerated" expectations. It just picked me up high and let me down. It was similar to what Oceanaire did. It had everything on the outside but the prices were high and the food was just okay.


OCEANAIRE WAS A HUGE PICKUP THEN A LET DOWN LIKE THE SHEIKRA ROLLER COASTER BELOW:



















B - Great Service and Atmosphere BUT High Prices & Okay Food




Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley

No comments:

Post a Comment