Friday, June 19, 2009

First Watch - (Orlando,FL) - Breakfast,Brunch, Lunch

First Watch
Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch
(407) 682-2315
Altamonte Springs - Ethan Allen Plaza
249 W. State Road 436
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714

DARIO " THE AVERAGE MAN" MOBLEY 6-24-2209:

Well, I actually had two visits to First Watch. Intially, "The Foodie" and I visited First Watch and I think my expectations were a little too high. It is set up like a Denny's or IHOP with a very generic lobby, pay at the register and an open kitchen. I did not like that and felt that if they designed the lobby again, they could give it the look of place that is more unique and stylistic which would compliment there food which is really good. Anyhow, here is what I had on my two visits:

Healthy Turkey
Egg white omelette with diced turkey, spinach, feta cheese, diced onions and tomatoes. Served with fresh tomato slices and a dry English Muffin

Power Wrap
Fluffy egg whites, smoked turkey, spinach and mushrooms wrapped tightly in a sundried tomato basil tortilla with Swiss cheese. Served with fresh fruit and freshly made salsa

Chickichanga
Whipped eggs with spicy chicken, homemade chorizo sausage, green chilies, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, onion and avocado rolled in a crispy flour tortilla and topped with Vera Cruz sauce and sour cream. Served with First Watch Potatoes

Burrito Vera Cruz
Scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, green chilies, onions, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses fill a flour tortilla. Topped with our special Vera Cruz sauce, served with sour cream. Muy bueno!

I also had one Blueberry pancake on both visits and I must admit that the pancakes are the BIGGEST I have ever seen. Anyhow, everything I have eaten of the menu has been really good. The Power Wrap and the Healthy Turkey, which are two items that they feature on their Healthy Menu, was extremely good. That works really well for me because I like to workout and even though it was healthy food, I did not sacrifice any taste. If you are looking for an upscale Brunch place like you may see in Atlanta, this is not the place. However, if you are looking for a place with great prices, good food but with the look of an IHOP, this place is perfect for you. Also, I will say that the food is better than IHOP or Denny's. Anyhow, my grade is below:

B- NOT VERY FANCY BUT GOOD PRICES AND GOOD FOOD MAKE UP FOR IT

Happy Eating,
Dario "THE AVERAGE MAN" Mobley


ANGELA "THE FOODIE" SAYS:  

It's always fun to think you might have uncovered a great local breakfast place, only to realize what you've discovered is one restaurant that's part of massive chain just like IHOP.  However, I appreciate IHOP, even though the lighting, seating and atmosphere are horrible (designed to make sure you don't lounge around after eating, I'm sure), you can get some tasty food for dirt cheap.

Well, First Watch is just like IHOP in all the above ways, with slightly more creative menu options.  I enjoyed my Chickichanga very much, partly because of the name (I love puns more than the average person).  And I enjoyed seeing lots of old people, which you see a lot more in Florida.  

So the food was simple yet tasty and the atmosphere made me want to eat and be on my merry way.  If you're a fan of IHOP, then you'll love First Watch.  

Always hungry,

Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment